Googling around I have found a quick and dirty way to monitor your site uptime just using a simple Google Docs spreadsheet.
- Download the spreadsheet from there
- Enter your website url and personal email
- Go to Tools –> Script Editor –> Resources –> Current Script’s Triggers and set a Time-Driven trigger for the time you like.
- Save it and authorize google docs
- Hit the run button in the script editor and you are done.
Every time your site will not be available the script will send you an email, it will also inform you when it will become availbale again with the total downtime.